Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lo Bak


Lo Bak - That is the name of all these snacks, collectively. Most of them are fried stuff. You choose a few items, coupled with century egg and cut cucumbers, you will have a nice snack for after dinner.
The black item you see there is century egg. It is actually one kinda seasoned duck egg. Need an acquired taste for it.
I have seen it become one of the challenging items in Fear Factor. They called it the 100-year old egg. Nahhh...the name 'century' doesn't mean it has been around that long :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ming the Merciless said...

I love the black eggs except we call it century old egg. They have them in Chinatown.

Susan said...

Love the street food shots!

marley said...

More food! Though I'm not sure if I would like these :)

J.C. said...

I love lo bak. But since they are all deep-fried, I can only take them occasionally. Otherwise, I would have sore throat and lost my voice. :o)