Monday, January 28, 2008

CNY 4 - Bak Kwa


This is called Bak Kwa - barbecued pork. They come in a few variety these days. The popular and common one is on the left - comes in slices. The one on the right is similar to western bacon.
There is also barbecue chicken in slices. The meat is processed and grilled. It is chewy, not crunchy and smells delicious. Like all nice Chinese food, it is also high in cholesterol. However like all Chinese, I would say : Hehe...but I don't care because I like Bak Kwa a lot a lot :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

Oh, I LOVE chunky Bak Kwa (nice to know its proper name), not sure if I've tried the bacon-like version.

Re: Mattapan, they probably do lock their houses. That neighborhood is not a place to leave anything unattended...

Petrea Burchard said...

Your blog is making me hungry!